This treatment allows the diagnosis of genetic and chromosome disorders in embryos before their implantation. It always requires the use of in vitro fertility techniques to study them in the laboratory before being transferred to the maternal uterus. This way we can avoid the transmission from of possible hereditary diseases from parent to child and can increase the chances of conception by transferring normal embryos.
Patients who can benefit from DGP are those that present:
- Monogenic diseases.
- Sexual hereditary diseases.
- Translocations, investment or any other chromosome abnormalities.
- Repeated failure of implantation.
- Women over 38-40 years old.
- Previous history of spontaneous miscarriages.
- Couples with serious male factor